You have made it to the page where the most frequently asked questions about selling your home are answered. We have answered the most frequently asked questions on this page so you will have a better understanding of the process and how you can sell your home. We are more than happy to answer any of the other questions that you may have that you have not found the answers to on this page. Just give us a call at 315-516-8023 to speak with us about our company and any other way that we may be able to assist you in the sales process.
Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions
A1: Great Question. We buy big houses, small houses and all types of houses. We are cash buyers which gives us the ability to offer great terms for your house. Typically we are looking to help homeowners who have found themselves in a difficult situation(s) that has turned their property into a burden. We look to help homeowners that are in distressed situations and relieve them of this burden. Our goal is to turn this difficult situation into a mutually beneficial situation for the both of us. Regardless of your situation, we want to make you comfortable in deciding to sell your home with us.
A2: The process of selling your home to us is very simple.
1) You give us a call (315-516-8023) or fill out the online form and we retain some information in regards to your situation.
2) We will then evaluate your specific situation
3) We will set up an appointment to meet with you and walk through your home.
4) We will explain the process of selling, your best options for your current situation and evaluate the condition of your home.
5) We will make you a fair, obligation free offer to purchase your home
6) If you decide that you want to accept the offer, we can sign the purchase offer and set up a closing date within 1 -2 weeks depending on the paperwork needed.
A3: When selling your home, we will assess the condition of your home and will make you a fair offer. In determining the offer, we will discount the price based on what the house would sell for in fully renovated condition in that area. This means that we will be purchasing your home at below market value due to necessary repairs, renovations, and other variables. Since this is a business we purchase these homes, fix them up & resell them or rent them out depending on the situation.
However, if the cash option is the option chosen then you will benefit from a quick closing, with no mortgage approval hassles, closing costs and no repairs will be needed to be made to the home.
* There are other options when the home is in good standing condition, offers may be closer to full market value.
A4: When determining the price we will offer for your home. A number of variables are considered when giving a cash offer. After visiting your home and answering any questions that you may have, we will evaluate:
1) The existing condition of your home
2) The extent and cost of repairs that will be needed on your home
3) The timetable for completion of the renovation
4) The value of your home compared to similar homes in your area & what these homes have sold for.
5) The Real Estate Commission it will cost us to sell the home
6) The costs of holding on to your home during the repairs- taxes, payments, insurance, utilities and more.
7) The closing costs associated with the purchase and sale of your home.
Q5: Am I Obligated In Anyway To You When I Fill Out The Sellers Form Or Call Your Number?
A5: No, you are never obligated in any way to HS Property Funds upon filling out your information or giving us a call. This is just the step in the Simple Process. This is just a way for us to get to know you better, analyze your situation and see if we can come up with a solution to help you and your family.
A6: This process is entirely free for you. We want to make this as easy as possible for you as the seller.
A7: Yes, We will pay a referral fee to any property that is referred to us and a deal is closed.
A8: Real estate agents list properties and hope that someone will buy them. The average time to sell a property in many markets right now is 6-12 months. As you know, you pay a commission as a % of the sales price when you work with a real estate agent. Often times it’s 3-6% of the sales price (so if it’s a $100,000 house, you’ll pay between $3,000 – $6,000 in commissions to an agent). Agents provide a great service for those that can wait 6-12 months in many cases to sell and who have room to pay the commission on the sale. Our company actually buys houses. We don’t list houses. Since we’re actually the one buying the house from you, and we pay with all cash… we can make a decision to buy your house within a couple days (sometimes the same day). Again, we make our living by taking the risk to buy the house with our own cash, repair the house, and market it ourselves to find a buyer (which is the hard part in this market).